www.tranding.web.id - Koi fish, is a type of goldfish belonging to the category of ornamental fish. Carp (Cyprinus carpio) or commonly called carp is a freshwater fish that has economic value and is already widespread, especially in Indonesia. Goldfish have several names, namely kancra, tikeu, tombro, raja, rayo, ameh or other names according to their respective distribution areas. In Japan, this fish is called Nishikigoi (Cyprinus carpadie) which means, colorful fish. Goi itself means carp, Koi fish itself comes from Chinese.
This Koi fish is said to have originated from Persia, which was brought to Japan via China and Korea. And it developed since about 160 years ago. The emergence of colorful koi fish is the result of crossing and cultivation, initially, breeders in Japan can only produce one color koi variety, from one color, then two colors of koi appear, namely Kohako (white red), Shiro bekko and Shiro utsuri ( black and white). Then, the next three color koi appeared, namely Taisho sanke and Showa sanshoku (red, black, white). And next, give birth to multi-colored koi like Goshiki.
The entry of Koi fish into Indonesia In 1962, Prince Akihito and Princess Michoko took time to visit Bogor and see Indonesian gold fish from the Kumpay race. Gold fish with the same Latin name as Japanese carp from Flavipinnis. Akihito wants to cross Indonesian gold fish with Japanese carp. And in 1980, the Bogor Freshwater Fish Research Institute sent to Japan about 60 Kumpay races that were six months old. As a result, those who were brought back to Indonesia in 1991 there were five types of cross koi with five kinds of color commissions.
Koi Fish, How to Differentiate Male and Female Koi Fish in General Among Cultivators and Ornamental Fish Hobbyists. In this case, as a cultivator or hobbyist, it is necessary to know how to distinguish our favorite Koi fish from male or female, as for ways to distinguish male and female koi fish as follows:
Characteristics of Male Koi Fish :
- In general, the body posture of Koi fish is slim and looks elongated slimmer towards the tail, we can see very clearly when koi fish are in the size of about 30 centimeters up.
- The lid of the gill or cheeks of male koi fish tends to be coarser when compared to female fish, for this feature not all tendencies are only, because there are also male koi fish whose cheeks are slightly smooth.
- If the stomach is touched it will feel solid.
- When the male pectoral fin of the koi fish is touched, it will feel rough like there is sand.
- If the stomach part of the male koi fish is pressed towards the back, it will emit a sticky white liquid, which indicates that koi are old enough or mature koi fish.
- The form of male koi fins is usually triangular or pointed, which looks different from female koi.
Characteristics of Female Koi Fish :
- In general, female body koi posture tends to be fat and its shape is rounded towards its abdomen, the body of female koi fish also appears bigger than the male koi, which is clearly visible if the size starts from 30 centimeters above, if we see from above the female koi body looks wide to side.
- Cover the gills or cheeks of the female koi fish, if touched they will feel smooth and slippery.
- If you feel the female koi stomach feel soft.
- When the female part of the koi fish is pressed towards the back, it will come out impurities, or out of the prospective egg if the female parent is mature or gonadal mature.
- In the pectoral fin of a female koi if we touch it is not rough or feels smoother.
- The shape of a female koi fin is usually round like the shape of a fan.
So a little information on how to distinguish male or female koi fish, all the information about koi fish is processed from several sources whose purpose is only to share information.
May Be Useful...!!